We all know how tiring it can be to spend hours in front of the computer, at our desks, and on the phone. As the three o’clock energy slump hits, we tend to reach for chocolate and other sugar-filled snacks in the hopes of making it through the rest of the day.
How great would it be if there was another way to stay motivated, focused and energized?
Shannon will teach you the simple tricks you need to know in order to feel your best on a daily basis. Her passion, enthusiasm, and inviting presence make her an exciting, engaging, and empowering speaker. You will leave each session full of knowledge and resources to make healthy changes that work for you.
The goal of these health and wellness sessions is to increase energy, focus, and enthusiasm in the workplace. Without proper nutrition and overall good health, individuals are unable to function at their highest potential. Participating in fun, interactive, and educational workshops not only allows your employees to take a break from their busy day, but also teaches them the fundamentals that will help to increase productivity in the workplace.
Workshops can be done as a lecture or lecture/demonstration. All workshops can be tailored to your specific needs.
Visuals such as foods, natural products, and informational handouts are provided. In the demonstration style workshops, you will also get to see Shannon prepare healthy recipes right before your eyes. You will, of course, have the opportunity to enjoy all of the delicious foods.
Typically, sessions are run during lunchtime, after work hours, or before work hours, and vary in length depending on your specific needs.
Some Suggested Topics Include:
• Digestive health– Learn which foods help to improve digestion and which foods actually lead to digestive issues such as gas, bloating, constipation, acid reflux and other symptoms of IBS
• Common health myths– Shannon helps to decipher the truths from the myths. Some topics include: Is Tropicana orange juice a healthy choice for juice? Does counting calories help with weight loss? Do sports drinks actually work to hydrate us? Does eating fat make us fat.
• Understanding product labels– Shopping for healthy food can be overwhelming. There are so many products on the market, which claim to be healthy, so it can be difficult to identify which ones are truly beneficial for us. Learn what to look for and what to avoid on product labels, as well as some of Shannon’s favourite products and healthy brands.
• Foods for increased focus, energy, and mood – Learn which foods, supplements, and healthy lifestyle habits will help to increase energy, focus, and mood. Beat the mid-day energy slump by incorporating healthy, protein-rich, energy-packed foods into your diet.
• Natural stress busters – Learn which foods, supplements, and lifestyle habits work to improve adrenal function, promote restful sleeps, and combat stress.
• Whole-food based cleanses – Detoxifying and cleansing the body helps to reduce cravings, promote weight loss, improve digestion, increase energy, and gives your body a much-needed break. Learn how to cleanse and detoxify, while still enjoying delicious, wholesome foods (including desserts!).
• Immune boosters – Learn how to naturally enhance your immune system and ward off viruses and bacteria