JOIN THE REVOLUTION!
Our mission: To make healthy living simple and accessible for all.
We provide resources and free community events that will educate and inspire you to live gunk-free. We encourage you to participate in Gunk-Free Fridays, join a Gunk-Free Group, or perhaps even start your own Gunk-Free Group in your area. Connect with like-minded people, enjoy a delicious, healthy meal, and share your stories about living gunk-free. Don’t forget to join our “Gunk-Free Friends” group on Facebook.
Join us as we create a gunk-free world. It’s all about making simple, healthy choices when it comes to your diet and lifestyle, while encouraging those around you to do the same. We are all in this together! #GetTheGunkOut
What is Gunk?
- Food that is processed, refined and simply unhealthy.
- Dietary and lifestyle habits that contribute to illness and unpleasant symptoms.
- Toxic build up in the body from unhealthy food and environmental toxins.
- Recurring physical and emotional stress.
- Anything that prevents you from living a healthy, nourished lif
Join our Gunk-Free Community and receive EXCLUSIVE videos, articles, gunk-free recipes, worksheets, and special savings that only members of our community receive. You will also be the first to know about our Gunk-Free Project events.
Gunk-Free Fridays are all about eating well and feeling great, and sharing your stories with those around you. All you have to do to participate is eat a completely gunk-free diet at least one day a week…simple, right?
How Participating in Gunk-Free Fridays Can Benefit You
Making healthy changes takes time, and is something that should be done at your own pace and according to your own personal lifestyle. The first step towards looking and feeling great is to go gunk-free on Fridays, and eventually work towards living gunk-free long-term.
The benefits of participating include:
- Improved digestion
- Increased energy
- Decreased stress
- Weight loss
- Decreased inflammation
- Improved mood
- Clearer skin
- Better sleep
- Better overall health and vitality
Every Friday go gunk-free by doing the following:
- Only eat items from the “gunk-free” list below and avoid those that are “gunk-filled”.
- Start your day with a glass of room temperature water with half of a fresh squeezed lemon and drink first thing on an empty stomach
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of fresh, clean water
- Fruits and vegetables
- Gluten-free grains (quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat, oats)
- Lean meats or vegan protein (fish, chicken, beans and legumes, tempeh)
- Healthy fat (nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil, flax seed oil, coconut oil, fresh salmon or tuna)
- Healthy sweets and sweeteners (honey, pure maple syrup, stevia, coconut sugar, molasses, dates, sucanat)
- Refined sugar
- Refined carbohydrates (anything white – white bread, white pasta, white rice)
- Bad fat (anything with saturated or trans fats or anything that contains the word hydrogenated)
- Junk food (candy, chips, pop, cake, cookies, etc., made with refined sugar or any artificial ingredients)
Get Others Involved
- Get your child’s school to go gunk-free on Fridays
- Get your office to go gunk-free on Fridays
- Tell your friends about gunk-free Fridays and encourage them to participate
- Join or start a gunk-free group in your area
SEND US PHOTOS OF YOUR GUNK-FREE MEALS AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO STAY HEALTHY.
Going gunk-free is always more fun when you get to share your experience with others. That is why we encourage you to join or start a gunk-free group in your area. Meet others who are also on their journey towards gunk-free living and enjoy a delicious meal together.
Join A Group
Gunk-Free Fridays is a brand new program, and thus, we have a limited number of groups for you to join at the moment. We highly encourage you to start your own group and help to spread the love about the gunk-free revolution.
Each week we will post times and locations where people in your area are meeting to enjoy a gunk-free Friday meal. Contact the creator of the group (their information is provided) and let them know that you will be joining.
Send us your photos and stories that we can share – we would love to hear what you are up to!
Start A Group
Don’t see a group listed in your area? Start your own! Send us an email with your name and preferred meeting spot (a restaurant that serves healthy options or a space for people to bring their own gunk-free meals). We will then add you to our list and help to connect you with others in your area.
GUNK-FREE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK
Join our exclusive group of “Gunk-Free Friends” on Facebook and connect with others who are also on their journey to gunk-free living.